Official Rules and Regulations
2 Fish Group is looking for the 12 ugliest small business websites in the nation. If you think your website could be one of America’s ugliest, read the official application requirements below and if you’re eligible, apply now. If you are nominating a website that you do not own, you will be required to confirm that the business meets our requirements. We’re currently accepting entries, but the first winner will not be chosen until September 2008. Over the course of the year following this September, twelve winners (one per month) will receive an Extreme Website Makeover valued at over $5000.
1) All applicant businesses must be small, independent businesses. No national chains or franchises will be considered.
2) In the event that a business/website is chosen to receive 2 Fish's $5000 design package, the chosen business must be able to verify that their "ugly" website has been live for more than 3 months. Websites newer than 3 months will not be eligible. The verification process will consist of at least two signed statements from previous customers/clients who have used your site in the past.
3) In order to be considered, all applicants must provide their name, business name, current email address, mailing address, phone number and brief essay explaining why their website is worthy of this makeover. 2 Fish will not share this information with a third party and applicants will not be added to any mailing lists.
4) Businesses may only be nominated three times throughout the duration of this promotion.
5) Chosen businesses must be willing to allow 2 Fish Group to publish both the old and new web designs on their website.
6 ) The nominated website needs to be butt-ugly. I mean, seriously, seriously ugly.
Selection Process and Timeline
On or around the 15th of each of the next 12 months (starting September 2008) 2 Fish Group will review nominations for the "Nation's Ugliest Website Search" and choose one business to receive a "web makeover" worth over $5000. Only nominations received during the previous month will be considered. All winners will be notified of our decision via email or phone within one week of being chosen.
So you think you’ve got one of the ugliest sites in the nation??? APPLY here. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us here.
September 2008- TBD
October 2008- TBD
November 2008- TBD
December 2008- TBD
January 2009- TBD
February 2009- TBD
March 2009- TBD
April 2009- TBD
May 2009- TBD
June 2009- TBD
July 2009- TBD
August 2009- TBD